KARP - SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (1979).
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (1979).
- B.A. (Hons.) in Economics from the University of Manitoba (1975).
- 1976 - 1978 : actuarial student, Monarch Life Assurance Company.
- 1978 - 1979 : actuarial assistant, Paterson, Cook Ltd.
- 1979 - 1985 : consulting actuary, William M. Mercer Ltd., Peat Marwick.
- May, 1985 to present: president and consulting actuary, Karp Actuarial Services Ltd.
- Considerable experience of , and specialization in, actuarial work in connection with legal actions.
- Qualified as an expert in the Supreme Court of British Columbia ; oral testimony and written evidence submitted before the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
- Speaker / panelist re actuarial evidence work at various meetings of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
- Speaker / panelist re actuarial evidence work at various Continuing Legal Education courses.
- Past Chairperson (1998 - 2000) of Canadian Institute of Actuariesí Committee on Actuarial Evidence.
Back to Home
Karp Actuarial Services Ltd.